Japan, Tokyo, TokyoProduct
About nanameue, Inc
At nanameue, Inc., our focus is to connect people through social media. nanameue, Inc started in May of 2013 with roots in Japan and Thailand. With growing teams, nanameue, Inc. has built one of Japan’s top chat applications with over 5 Million users. We are venturing into Web3xSNS with a mission to “Building Community with Science”.
Having a global mindset, nanameue, Inc is built with people from a variety of different cultures from Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Brazil, and Australia to name a few. To maintain the global culture, our company language is English and we continue to welcome new members from all over the world.
Our goal is to build a virtual space where everyone can have their presence as themselves and welcome everyone as they are.
The Product Owner will help create and deliver best-in-class business systems and operational processes. This individual will be dedicated to the Agile Work Team to interface between the operations team and the delivery of new technology and code. The role is responsible to be constantly thinking through the processes and needs of the business to support an efficient and error-free process for the member and provider.
The Product Owner represents the business team in prioritizing the features for development, approving user stories, and ensuring clear communication flows back and forth. The individual will help shape and execute the product strategy that meets the department goals, engage in business case development, and ensure adherence to the Agile Scrum process.
- Define & communicate the overall vision, objectives and goals. Create, refine, socialize and prioritize the Product backlog.
- Enable delivery of Product Backlog by presenting backlog to team; creating, owning and refining well-formed user stories and artifacts that describe and detail new products, features and services based on feedback from team, creating acceptance criteria with the team, and accepting stories as they re completed
- Contribute to the maturity, performance and growth of the Agile team
- Work daily with scrum teams to refine, groom, and accept stories and bugs for implementation
- Create UAT test cases, organize and facilitate UAT testing, track test results, and work with the scrum master and agile team to resolve issues
- Represents the team, when needed, to external stakeholders, leaders and other teams to ensure alignment and understanding progress of the team
- Support the Agile Program and ensure the team follows enterprise Agile standards. Provide feedback to program on enhancements for the Agile process.- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas
- Ability to align and motivate a team to achieve objectives
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and redesign that will allow us to accomplish objectives more quickly and at a higher level of probability
- Work one on one with each team member to ensure their growth and accountability to the team is achieved
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build, prioritize and define workflows and requirements
- Reinforces team approach throughout organization both on user projects and internal initiatives
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization
- Create dynamic and a spirit of teamwork and collaboration
- Compliment the broader team with high quality and partnership
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen relationships
- Experience as a Product Owner
- Ability to identify what raw data should be tagged from contributing systems and how to drive the work towards creating dashboards and reports.
- Digital experience a must
- Experience in the toC product is a plus.
- Experience and track record of success directing the efforts of developers as a project manager or product owner in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks. Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts (preferably Agile/SCRUM)
- Hands-on experience in leading process improvement initiatives
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Fluent English and N3+ Japanese
- Competitive salary and performance based bonus plus standard social security insurance
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Flextime: Core time 11:00 to 15:00
- For overseas candidates: Visa Support, Re-location assistance to help you start your life in Tokyo, including first-time airfare to Tokyo, and hotel room for two weeks while we help you search for housing.
- Holidays: Annual leave, Summer as well as Winter Holidays, Childcare and Family care leave
- Support in buying the needed items to make your work easier: applications, large monitor even a good chair (unfortunately, pajamas not included; though, we are trying to get it approved soon)
- Free snacks, cheeses, soups, and drinks, of course!
- Transportation allowance OR if you live near the office, we will give you 20,000 JPY monthly towards your rent
- We will subsidize books, language courses, conference tickets, and even paid apps.
- Annual Company trip (as we overcome travel restrictions)